There are so many reasons we outgrow our current space. The addition of a new family member, we start a collection of truly awesome stuff, or we just need a private room for an at-home office or relaxation space. Whatever the reason, there are always signs you’ve outgrown your home. Here are 10 ways to tell if your current abode is getting a bit too cramped.
1. Your sleeping arrangements no longer make sense
Nice relaxing place, I guess. Perhaps the top of the refrigerator was taken?
2. The line up for the bathroom looks like something at Coachella
Just imagine the toilet paper bill!
3. Crossing the living room floor is harder than a game of Stratego
Get those kids a playroom immediately! Or negotiate through the mound of toys, while praying you avoid stepping on a piece of Lego.
4. You’ve literally outgrown your space
Too tall for your door frame? It might be time to move. Perhaps 9-foot ceilings would be a better option for this guy.
5. The lawn becomes a legit parking place
Has one or more of your family members started to use the front lawn as a driveway? Then it’s time to consider finding a more suitable lot for your family’s growing car collection.
6. You go to Ikea on a Saturday afternoon for some personal space
If you look forward to getting out of your house just for a little peace and quiet then chances are you’ve outgrown your home.
7. You consider implementing bathroom office chic
Not a bad set up!
8. Your babies need more room
Even fur babies appreciate a space of their own.
9. The baby is sleeping in the bathroom
Does your nursery double as a bathroom? It may be time to move.
10. There are too many people living under your roof
Do you come home to cries of “Welcome back!”—only because there are too many people to recognize when you’re coming and going? Then you probably need to find a bigger, perhaps more private space.